PLAISTED DRY SAND – Ready to use, no waiting
To ensure you can get dry sand when you need it, we built a Dry Sand Storage Bin System that holds multiple types of sand. We can deliver it to you, or we’ll load your truck.
For golf and turf Dry Sand is faster and easier to spread, plus works into the ground better and is recommended for sand injecting equipment.
Pro Tip: Use our Dry Sand for sandblasting and underground pipe filling.
PLAISTED USGA BUNKER SAND
Meets the requirements of ASTM F1292-17 at an 8 ft impact height when tested at 18-inch compacted depth.
NEW IRON-ENHANCED SAND
An innovation in stormwater runoff treatment. This mix of C-33 Concrete Sand and 5% Iron Filings captures an average 88% phosphate for at least 200 m of treated depth. It offers high pollutant removal rates, is good for nutrient impaired water, can be used as a retrofit for existing areas, and is suitable for cold climates. Plaisted Companies is the local producer of this mix. Plaisted Companies is the local producer of this mix.
For information on how to use iron-enhanced sand, visit www.pca.state.mn.us.
OTHER WASHED & SCREENED SANDS
- CONCRETE SAND – Used to make concrete, it is coarser than Mason Sand
- COARSE SAND – Used for drainage
- FILL SAND – Good backfill material to raise an area inexpensively
- GRAY PAVER GRANITE SAND – Finely textured and easily compacts to form a firm, smooth surface
- SAND BAGGING SAND – Used to fill bags for flood prevention
HEATED SAND PRODUCTS
Heated sand allows for construction to continue during cold weather.
- HEATED #7 ROOF ROCK (1/2″)
- HEATED CONCRETE SAND
- HEATED FILL SAND
- HEATED MASON SAND
In our region, winter road de-icing is critical. Plaisted Salt/Sand Mixes are mechanically blended and screened to ensure consistency – one reason they’re chosen by the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
- ICE CONTROL SAND – A washed, coarse sand that will not tunnel over augers; always free flowing
- ROAD SALT
- 10% SALT/SAND MIX
- 20% SALT/SAND MIX
- We can custom blend to meet your requirements.
Plaisted’s Dry Sand Storage Bin System with multiple compartments to meet your needs.
Dry Sand is great for topdressing or sand injecting golf course greens, tees and fairways.
Our Mason Sand can be used for work or play.
Contractors use our Dry Sand for sandblasting and underground pipe filling.
Keep traffic moving with our Salt/Sand products.
Ask about our SNOW HAULING services.